Followers

Wednesday 23 July 2014

Mixed media Easter eggs

 
Hello friends!
This is something I made for the 3D challenge at Lulupu. I wanted to give a try to mixed media eggs.
 
 Have a look.
 






This project of mine has been made completely from waste. I used some carefully broken egg shells as my moulds here and used some leftover plaster from home renovation to fill up the egg ,olds. This hardened the egg shells and prevented them from breaking.
I wrapped up some tissue from shirt packaging all around the eggs using some craft glue. Left it like this for around 2-3 days. I gave a lot of textures using plaster in thick consistency, some . Also did some stencilling using the plaster. Used some silicon beads from handbags, some gold glitter, buttons from old dresses, embroidery thread, glossy accents, crackle accents etc.
Used lindy's sprays and watercolours to paint the eggs . The fish scissors are hand drawn and the dragonfly and butterfly are fussy cut from pattern papers.
I  shaded the edges with charcoal pencil and finally gave a coat of mod podge.
 
 
Submitting this to the following challenge-
 
 I used buttons( as bubbles in water), embroidery thread( butterfly trail), hand-drawn scissors(behind the dragonfly to mimic its form). I recycled- egg shells as moulds,  old plaster, buttons from old dress, tissue from shirt packaging .
 
with Pattern Paper( script pattern paper- More visible in yellow one ),
Stamped image( stampers anonymous stamps) and
 Embellishments( buttons in blue egg ,lace and beads in pink one and glitter) 
 
Hope you like my attempt.
 

13 comments:

  1. Super cool project! I love the texture you added to each egg. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful project and so utterly creative! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jaya, you have turned what could have been just 'junk' into something extremely beautiful! These are glorious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is sooo creative and artzy.. love it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! These are STUNNING - so creative - the dragon fly is my fave, if I'm allowed one!!! Such a fabulous way to recycle......I'd never have imagined you could do this:):) Thanks, as always, for sharing with us at LESSology:):) BTW....LOOOOOVE how you have 'staged' your eggs for the photos, too:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very differently creative project..
    Thanks for joining Kraftzone Challenge #7

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow.. How unique is this and such a wonderful recycling project.. Who would think of using actual egg shells.. Brilliant stuff Jaya.. Thanks for joining us at Kraftzone.. All the best...

    Khushboo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Every time I pop over here there is something amazing staring back at me! I so love those eggs they are wonderful. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my! What a fabulous project...how clever and creative!
    Thanks for joining us at LESSology!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow...these are amazing....Jaya's little Faberge eggs! Truly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!